OK, let’s cut to the chase, we could (like other accountants websites) go through a list of what services we can deliver but we don’t think that’s really what you came to see. What you really want to know is quite simple
- can we save you money?,
- how can we help you and your business?,
- can we supply you with a top quality service at a competitive price?
- Is the initial consultation free? (ok you weren’t asking that but we thought we’d let you know it was anyway!)
If the reason you came to this page wasn’t for one of the above please let us know what it is as we love feedback (click here to contact us)
The answer to all of the above is YES! but you’d expect us to say that, so let’s cover them one by one.
Can we save you money?
In a nutshell,
- we have tax specialists that take a proactive role and make sure you only pay tax where you have to and that you’re taking advantage of any breaks or schemes available. Are you better off being incorporated (being a Limited company) or not? and what are the pro’s and con’s?
- We’ll guarantee you won’t be fined for missing a deadline as we’ll ensure forms that you are legally required to submit do not miss deadlines. (Obviously there are a few conditions to this guarantee, things like you give us the required information in time!, etc)
- We have many schemes and business partners that can help reduce some of the running costs of your business. As we get to know your business we can advise you on areas where you may be able to cut costs and how you may go about it.
- Your Accountancy Services bill may be excessive, or maybe you are paying for services you don’t really need! In many cases we’ll be able to reduce this bill, even if we can’t we may be able to give you a better service for it!
These are just a few examples of how we may save you money, the list is not exhaustive as we don’t want to go on about everything and half of it would probably not apply to you. Every business and individual is different and therefore the only way we can be more specific is to find out your individual circumstances and needs, why don’t you contact us.
How can we help you and your business?
We believe an accountant should be more than just someone who gives you a set of accounts after the year end.
OK, a little test. Hands up if you don’t see enough of your current accountant. Hands up if you think that the benefit of what you get from your accountant isn’t worth the cost. Hands up if you don’t feel you can ask you accountant anything. We won’t go on any further, but if you relate to any of those questions have a look at this brief snapshot of some of the things we can do to help you and your business.
- We aim to see our clients at least 4 times a year. – This is dependent on individual needs etc, but we feel the better we know you and your business the better we are placed to offer you advice and guidance, it’s better spotting potential problems early rather than months after your year end when you get your annual accounts when it may be too late.
- Are we really accountants? – we are not your stereotypical accountant, we are friendly and approachable and we realises the importance of building close flexible relationships. Business can sometimes be a lonely place, and to know you have someone you can rely on really helps.
- I didn’t start in business to do all this paperwork! – We believe in taking as much of the hassle and red tape away from you as possible allowing you to concentrate on what you enjoy doing and what you went in to business for.
- We believe in adding value to the services we provide. – for example, in every set of accounts we provide additional pages, these pages are to help you understand the figures and your businesses financial position better, some will also be of interest to your bank manager (got to keep them happy!).
- We also offer a free service where you will have 24×7 access to your important documents (e.g. Accounts, Tax Returns etc) via our websites secure client portal. Yes we did say it’s free!!!
Personal Tax (including sole-traders and partnerships)
We are specialists in income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
We have the expertise and software to take the headache out of the form filling and compliance aspect of Self Assessment. We can provide you with practical advice on personal tax positions and the planning opportunities available to you. We can complete tax returns, calculate any tax liability and advise you on exactly when to make payments and how much to pay.
Personal tax planning
Today, more and more emphasis is being put on taxpayers’ individual responsibilities and everyone who is subject to taxation needs professional advice and support if they are to optimise their tax position and ensure they meet the compliance requirements. Our specialist tax team can provide you with year-round advice on all aspects of personal taxation.
Few of us like to think about dying, however the relevant legislation requires us to plan well in advance. This means making the necessary provisions now. There are many tax opportunities available and the earlier arrangements are made, the greater the chance of taking full advantage of our complicated tax system.
It is important when planning to transfer an estate that adequate provision is made and getting the right balance requires considerable skill and foresight – along with a detailed knowledge of the current tax regime. We provide a discreet comprehensive estate planning service that includes:
- Help with planning and reviewing a will
- Making full use of exemptions and lower tax rates on lifetime transfers
- Optimising lifetime transfers between family members
- Transferring agricultural or business property
- Transferring assets into trust
- Arranging adequate life assurance to cover potential inheritance tax liabilities
We also have expertise in dealing with trusts; a relatively easy and very tax efficient way to set aside assets for future beneficiaries outside the inheritance tax net. We can advise on the most suitable type of trust to fulfil your wishes, assist in setting up the trust and provide the full range of accounting services required for trust management.
Ever changing regulations and the growing demands of HM Revenue & Customs mean VAT compliance can be a difficult administrative process. We can help to ensure that you comply with the regulations and that overpayments are not made. To help you manage this complex area, we provide an efficient, cost-effective VAT service, which includes:
- Assistance with VAT registration
- Advice on VAT planning and administration
- Use of the most appropriate scheme
- VAT control and reconciliation
- Help with completing VAT returns
- Planning to minimise future problems with HM Revenue & Customs
- Negotiating with HM Revenue & Customs in disputes and representing you at VAT tribunals if necessary.
Can we supply you with a top quality service at a competitive price?
Are we the most expensive? Most definitely not! Are we the cheapest? Not always! but are we competitive and the best value for money? Absolutely Yes! Let’s face it we all want value for money, at Jackson Grimes we supply you with the highest quality services at a competitive price and don’t forgot that we throw in some extras that are free and really add value to the service we provide. If you don’t believe it then contact us for a no obligation, free consultation where we’ll discuss your individual needs and then give you a no hidden cost quote.
And don’t forget that you’re initial consultation is free! So you have nothing to lose (and everything to gain) by speaking to us.